Saturday, June 10, 2017

Ambitious amateur trying not to blow sth up! Quick question for the experts appliancerepair

http://ift.tt/2sPFLIT

The skinny: I'm building a fermenter for my home brew. (I live in China, buildings are not insulated, no central ac.) I got my hands on an old freezer that I plan on putting inside of an insulated box, using an Inkbird temp controller I will regulate the temp inside the box to 19 C.

Q: My basic understanding of refrigeration is that a coolant circulates through a system. Old refrigerators have a metal grade that's used to release heat. This freezer doesn't have a clearly visible grate. (See pics) Do I need to keep this back area where the compressor is exposed in order to allow the system to release heat? Any idea where the heat is being released from?

TL:DR: Do I need to keep this back part exposed?

Model No.: BC-100C / J(JN RS2) Serial No.: LL0100 00602C 00LSHY1 0028 (Don't think it's much help but I read the rules...)



Submitted June 11, 2017 at 07:07AM by subzerochopsticks http://ift.tt/2sg3Zze appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment