Monday, June 5, 2017

Opinions on best method to rout and control refrigeration

Opinions on best method to rout and control a modified 7 cu.ft. chest freezer. By modified I mean I already installed a digital thermal switch and it works great as a refrigerator however I need to convert a portion to a freezer.

I don't need help with any fabrication part just the best method to tap into the existing copper tubing or add new copper or reroute it. Also how do I regulate the temperature between the ref & freez areas ?

The digital temp switch (STC-1000) has two relays one for cooling and the other for heating. I was thinking if a wrapped extra copper tubing around my freezer section, spliced a solenoid valve in and when it got to say -18C, a delay set then the heating relay trips the solenoid valve to cool the fridge portion? IDK not an HVAC expert.

I don't want two compressors! and haven't found how commercial units are regulated. I think it's done by distance from compressor and the freezer takes the brunt of the temperature fluctuation when adjusting the refrigerator section, at least with cheaper fridges anyways..

As for fabrication part of the the sections i think i'm going to have some light gauge stainless laser cut then TIG it wrap the copper around the SS then spray foam it.. Good /bad? the other option is to get some rigid foam for the divider and make a SS insert that drops down over it.? I know just make it from scratch at this point... LOL



Submitted June 05, 2017 at 09:50AM by davisdesign http://ift.tt/2sHdBin refrigeration

No comments:

Post a Comment