Monday, June 5, 2017

Homemade spicy beef jerky. Recipe inside. spicy

This is my jalapeño garlic lime cilantro beef jerky with a habanero and reaper kick. Enjoy!

The ingredients:

8 jalapeños

5 habaneros

3 green onions

2 tbsp minced garlic (about 8 cloves if you want to use fresh)

3 tbsp salt (I use Himalayan, but you could use sea or kosher salt. I wouldn't recommend table salt, but you can use it if you want)

1 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp reaper powder

1/2 cup lime juice

1/4 cup water

Dash of soy sauce

Dash of liquid smoke

1.5-2 lb flank steak sliced into thin strips (about 1/8 inch). For more tender jerky, slice against the grain. I like it tougher so I slice with the grain.


Blend everything except the steak together. The smoother, the better. This was the best I could do with my food processor. I really need a blender.


Marinate the steak in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours. I let this batch go for about 36.


Put in the food dehydrator. Please make sure your dehydrator will get up to at least 160 degrees. Let it dehydrate 4-8 hours, making sure it's above 160 degrees for at least an hour or two. Dry to desired consistency. I like it best when it's tough, but you can still bend it without it breaking.


Here's what didn't get eaten on the way from the dehydrator to the plate.


I usually keep it in a zip top bag in the refrigerator. I've read that it will keep for a month or two, but it usually doesn't last more than a couple of days in my apartment.



Submitted June 06, 2017 at 06:48AM by IWantYourSkull http://ift.tt/2qVwG43 spicy

No comments:

Post a Comment