Sunday, June 4, 2017

frigidaire refrigerator not cold appliancerepair

My Frigidaire FFTR1514QW2 is warm in both freezer and fridge sections. Compressor runs. Condenser fan and evaporator fan run. Defrost heater (a bare metal rod) is not hot. I can hear gurgling inside evaporator tubes. Evaporator fins are not frosting at all. I have tested compressor and got ohm readings of app. 10, 6, 1nd 16. Tested solid state start relay continuity and got .005

I'm confused because the compressor runs and I can hear freon gurgling, but there is no cooling. I can feel cold on evaporator tube leading into freezer compartment, but it isn't super cold (doesn't hurt to hold) and it doesn't extend far along the tube (doesn't reach the fins area).

Fridge is only abot 2 years old.

*I am not very knowledgable about this stuff, but I can Google and watch Youtube videos. It has gotten me this far but now I'm stuck!



Submitted June 05, 2017 at 12:50AM by sbarto http://ift.tt/2qNP5f1 appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment