Thursday, October 1, 2015

Cannot legally remove freeloader, what rights do I have? legaladvice

I'm in Idaho, I have a roommate who recently asked me if a girl that he was seeing could stay here temporarily. After initially declining I agreed because I'm kind of soft and let the sob-story determine it. She was 2 kids, and is very invasive to my living situation, had I known about the 2 kids I wouldn't have agreed to this situation. I'm the only person on the lease, but I recently found out that this doesn't matter because in Idaho apparently all that you have to do is keep something at a place and stay the night in order to be considered living there, and as such a 30 day notice must be provided. I found this out after I informed her that she had to leave and she called the police on me.

Despite the fact that this law makes little sense to me I understand that its the law and there is nothing that I can do about it. My question is a few fold: I know that I legally have to provide these people with a place to live, however I'm wondering what I can deny in my apartment. As an example the washer and dryer belong to me and did not come with the apartment can I attach locks? Can I lock my thermostat? Can I determine the rooms that they are allowed to use? Can I lock the refrigerator. As of today no rent has been paid by her, nor any utilities can I legally deny the use of my power or my water?

edit: Its been a month now since she started her freeloadery, and I think she knows the law because she had a power bill sent here. No she doesnt pay my power bill, and it wasnt forwarded



Submitted October 02, 2015 at 06:32AM by GarlicSaltChknWings http://ift.tt/1L7YQuU legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment