Monday, January 1, 2018

Water filter replacement REQUIRED every 6 months on new refrigerators? appliancerepair

My wife and I went refrigerator shopping today and narrowed down our choices to a GE and a Samsung (like this GE refrigerator for example).

As the salesperson was trying to sell us a warranty, he threw out an argument that on these new models, the ice maker will stop making ice completely when the replace-filter light comes on, and the light comes on every six months regardless of usage. The filters are $50 each, he said, but warranty holders get them for half price. In a salespersony twist, he claims we save money by buying the warranty. Yeah right... whatever you say, salesman.

Anyway, I do plan on using filters (maybe generic if I can get away with it), and only replacing them when I need it. What I don't want is a fridge that holds my ice maker hostage to extort money from me every 6 months, even when I don't actually need to replace the filter.

Can anyone confirm or deny this claim that the ice maker will purposely refuse to work every 6 months?



Submitted January 02, 2018 at 02:43AM by JasonHenley http://ift.tt/2DKOeSi appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment