Monday, January 1, 2018

Micro Hvac (Does this exist?) HomeImprovement

Looking for a small forced air heater that I can plug in and the output would be tiny ducting or a hose. Like a mini-HVAC.

I can draw a picture of what I'm talking about if needed.From an outlet it's plug would extend into a box that can be wall mounted or sit on a countertop. From the box it would efficiently force warm air out a narrow tube that I would probably tap little holes into it would only need to be about an inch in diameter. No thermostat needed I will run it on a timer. Quiet as possible.

Why do I want it? I have a problem with three pex pipes freezing. The pipes run from my basement under three seperate joists and up the outermost part of the outside wall. One joist has the cold sink water, the other has the hot sink water, the third has my RO water and my refrigerators water supply.

a hair dryer is capable of thawing each section in a few minutes, I considered buying small hair dryers mounting them to the joists wraping with waterheater insulation cutting off the plugs and hard wiring them to a timed outlet.

There was a wrapped heat coil the previous owner had a plumber install around one but that thing didnt work so I think I'll just heat the whole area slow and low.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!



Submitted January 02, 2018 at 08:16AM by brewnpunch http://ift.tt/2lyYqH6 HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment