Friday, January 5, 2018

How do I learn more about preserving sauces Canning

I like to make a variety of dipping sauces and save them in the fridge. There is no canning involved, just refrigerator storage in a hot sauce type bottle. How do I determine how long they are good for storing in the fridge? Things like store bought ketchup and mustard are good for months but I never feel safe keeping my sauces for more than a week.

Is there anything that I can add to them to make them last longer, such as a chemical preservative?

The sauce I'm most interested in keeping for long periods of time is a soy/peanut/garlic type mix. If I could find a way to ensure that it lasts for about a month in the fridge I'd be very happy, but I don't really know what to do to get to that length of time.

Any advice on either what chemicals to add, tests to do, or other subs to visit for help with this?



Submitted January 06, 2018 at 09:25AM by scubanarc http://ift.tt/2Cydtae Canning

No comments:

Post a Comment