Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Having trouble sleeping in new apartment. Any advice? nosleep

Hi all,

Hoping this is the right place to post this. I've searched countless places online, Google'd everything, tried searching for relevant books in the library - nothing.

Anyway, just moved into my new apartment a few weeks ago and I haven't gotten a good night of sleep since I moved in and I'm trying to narrow down as to what is causing it. Went to the doctor after the first week who recommended I keep a "sleep diary" - what I eat throughout the day, any exercise, any dreams I remember, how I slept, etc. I had a checkup again this morning and he was pretty bewildered from the diary. He thinks it's some kind of severe sleepwalking disorder that's affecting my REM cycle during sleep, hence my extreme fatigue.

I've typed up my journal here - wondering if anyone has experienced sleepwalking like this before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Night 1 - Woke up multiple times. No dreams.

Night 2 - Woke up multiple times. No dreams.

Night 3 - Took several hours of lying in bed before falling asleep. Woke up multiple times. Dreamed that I woke up in my apartment to discover that all my belongings had disappeared. Furniture, appliances, pictures, decorations - everything was gone. The front door to my apartment was missing, leaving an empty door frame that looked out into an empty hallway with no doors or windows.

Night 4 - Woke up shivering on top of my covers. It's been freezing in New Jersey so I've been tucking in under several layers of blankets. Don't remember getting out from underneath them to lay on top.

Night 5 - Woke up multiple times. No dreams. Around 3 a.m. I thought I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my apartment door. I got up to look but nobody was there. Probably a dream, didn't think much of it. Went back to sleep.

Night 6 - Slept through the night. No dreams.

Night 7 - Dreamed that someone was hiding in my apartment, but I couldn't find them. I kept checking places that didn't make sense - where no normal human being could hide, i.e. under the couch, inside the refrigerator, inside kitchen cabinets, beneath the rug, etc. In the dream I kept checking these places but I could not find whoever was hiding. I was convinced someone was there. Woke up feeling scared and slept with the lights on for the rest of the night.

Night 8 - Dreamed the exact same dream as last night. Woke up on my kitchen floor in the dark. Upon turning on the lights I realized that every cabinet and drawer was pulled open and the sink tap was running. I turned off the sink, closed the cabinets, and went back to sleep. Woke up multiple times throughout the night.

Night 9 - Dreamed that I was making dinner in my kitchen when I heard a loud mechanical sound and the power went out. In the complete dark, I heard someone knock on my door. I went to answer it. Upon leaving the kitchen and walking to the foyer area I saw that there was no door in the door frame. The hallway outside was pitch black and it felt like there was someone standing in the darkness at the very end, walking towards my apartment. I tried to shut my door to keep them from getting in but became scared when I remembered the door was gone. I heard the same mechanical sound and then I woke up.

Night 10 - Woke up multiple times. No dreams.

Night 11 - Woke up freezing on my living room floor with every single window in my apartment open. I had somehow removed all of the hanging curtains as well and piled them all into a corner on the floor.

Night 12 - Woke up outside my apartment, standing in the hallway, facing my closed apartment door. Luckily the door was not locked and I was able to get back inside. Slept the rest of the night with no dreams.

Night 13 - Dreamed that all the windows and doors in my apartment disappeared and that the walls were slowly closing in. I couldn't actually see the walls moving, but every time I walked into a new room, the room looked smaller and smaller than it was before. I woke up underneath my bed. Did not sleep for the rest of the night.

Night 14 - Dreamed that I was hearing voices coming from underneath my furniture in my apartment. I tried to lift the couch up to see who was underneath but I couldn't move the couch. Woke up in my living room to discover that I had pushed all my furniture into the far corner of the room. Did not sleep the rest of the night.

Night 15 - Dreamed that mechanical noises were coming from underneath my rug in the living room. Upon moving the rug, I discovered smashed floorboards that opened up into a dark pit. I could make out a small machine with a red light in the darkness. There was somebody behind the machine operating it but the person was obscured. I felt compelled to crawl into the hole and ask the person what he or she was doing in my apartment. Upon getting to the bottom of the hole, the machine was shut off and there was nobody else down there. I tried to climb back up but discovered the hole had disappeared. I walked to a corner of the cramped, underground room and sat in the complete darkness. I began to realize that somebody was sitting in the opposite corner staring at me. I woke up on my living room couch and noticed that the rug in my living room was gone. I did not find it until the morning when I left for work - it was rolled up leaning against my apartment door.

Night 16 - Dreamed that someone kept knocking on my apartment door. I eventually got up to let them in only to discover that nobody was outside. Upon returning to my bedroom, there was a tall figure standing in the corner of my bedroom. Scared, I crawled back into bed. The figure stared at me for the rest of the night but did not move from its spot in the corner. I woke up around 4 a.m. drenched in sweat. Did not fall asleep for the rest of the night.

Night 17 - Dreamed that I was trapped inside my bed. I couldn't move but I could feel someone standing in the corner of my room watching me. I could hear whispers coming from underneath my bed. I woke up and wrote in my dream journal and did not sleep for the rest of the night.

Night 18 - Dreamed that I was sleepwalking but could not wake up. I wrote in my dream journal and went to work and ate food as if I were awake, but I knew that I was sleepwalking. I could not wake up.

Night 19 - Dreamed that I was sleepwalking but could not wake up. I wrote in my dream journal and went to work and ate food as if I were awake, but I knew that I was sleepwalking. I could not wake up.

Night 20 - Dreamed that I was sleepwalking but could not wake up. I wrote in my dream journal and went to work and ate food as if I were awake, but I knew that I was sleepwalking. I could not wake up.



Submitted January 09, 2018 at 10:14PM by insomniakid78 http://ift.tt/2EouiF6 nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment