Friday, June 23, 2017

(UPDATE) Logic just doesn't exist in the mind of an N (rant, support, I don't know, HELP?) raisedbynarcissists

for reference: http://ift.tt/2rLdmCS

Day 2: Nmom was supposed to leave for her vacation house this morning but by noon was still here. She is trying to get her friend to come fix her refrigerator (he has no experience fixing a fridge). She then comes to me and tells me to look up online about some kind of relay for the compressor so the person she has coming to fix it can look at it. I told her no, on the grounds of having no knowledge of how a fridge works other than the compressor and freon do magic and the food stays cold. I told her that the person who is doing the work should be the one looking it up or she needs to look it up, because I have no idea what I would be looking at even if I did find an answer to the problem. She immediately starts yelling at me about how I never help her and how she can't afford to call a repair person, which is bull shit. She then threatens to leave for her vacation house and leave me here with no fridge, for which I said "go", the problem will still be here when she returns so that does nothing to fix the problem.

So she just left in a huff and won't be back until next Thursday. I am at my wits end with this situation and am so sick of being the scapegoat every time she needs to do something as an adult, like repair the things she owns. So far, there is an outlet in my bedroom that shorts out the house, the furnace hasn't worked in over 7 years, her second car has been sitting in the driveway dead for 3 years, the house smells of dog piss and shit constantly, the pool has been a hole in the ground with the concrete falling in on it for 10 years, .... the list goes on and on. She refuses to call a repair person for anything and always used to get me or her friend to fix anything. Well, her friend is sick of always being called to fix things (and usually doesn't know how to fix anything, usually making the problem worse) and I am no longer able to do a lot of things due to my medical condition, which is why I'm here in the first place. I have another year of waiting for my disability case to get to a judge and even that isn't a guarantee of me getting out of here any time soon. I have no other options any more and am going to go off the deep end eventually. What choice do I have left?



Submitted June 23, 2017 at 10:17PM by throwthisawaywhenevr http://ift.tt/2t3FZ25 raisedbynarcissists

No comments:

Post a Comment