Saturday, June 3, 2017

Family members asking for money raisedbynarcissists

I became aware of how abusive my parents can be a while ago, but since graduating college a year ago I moved in with them and it's terrible. My parents constantly ask to borrow money and I always give it to them. Im never "willing" but I do it because I don't know how to say no without it turning into a huge problem. My mother is the type to try to guilt trip me into doing things by pulling the "I raised you" card.

Anyways, our refrigerator randomly broke yesterday and we desperately need a new one. My parents went to the department store to pick one out and my dad called me. He said "I need you to come sign for this because I don't have any credit." Begrudgingly, I said okay and headed over. Once I got there my dad revealed that his plan was to have me apply for a credit card to get the refrigerator so I would be paying for it. I put my foot down and said upfront " I am not getting a credit card and I'm not paying for this". I don't have $900 to shell out on a whim.

To make it all worst, my older brother called me earlier today asking for a "favor" to borrow $600 until August. He has never asked to borrow money from me but I told him I absolutely cannot do that and can maybe do half.

I don't know how to deal with all of these financial requests...I want to move out and make a life for myself but I cannot save money to move when a lot of my money goes to them.



Submitted June 04, 2017 at 05:31AM by _missybb http://ift.tt/2rEJI52 raisedbynarcissists

No comments:

Post a Comment