Sunday, June 4, 2017

Does cooking with homemade almond milk extend its (refrigerator) shelf life? veganrecipes

First - hoping this is the right place to ask. If not, feel free to redirect me.

So. I want to make this recipe because it looks amazing, but the sauce calls for Califia Farms toasted coconut almond milk. I'm Canadian, and we only just got Califia farms almond milk - no sign of the specialty ones yet.

So I was thinking I would go ahead and make my own toasted coconut almond milk to substitute. However, none of my homemade almond milks have lasted beyond 3 days and I would hate to go through all of the trouble of making the milk and the sauce for it to spoil.

BUT the sauce recipe involves first bringing the sauce to a boil and then reducing it, so I was thinking this might effectively pasteurize the almond milk and, therefore, extend its shelf life.

Does anyone have any experience in sauce making with DIY almond milk? I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks! :)



Submitted June 04, 2017 at 10:57AM by animal-magnetism http://ift.tt/2s6iG7a veganrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment