Sunday, June 11, 2017

Can pickling solution be reused? Canning

While my grandparents and parents have canned all their lives, I've never been directly involved, other than the preparation of the contents being canned. Now, 30-some-odd years later, I want to learn. I don't have any equipment, yet, so I started with 'refrigerator' pickled egg recipe I saw in Mother Earth News.

I just made them (3 Qts/35 eggs (one was cracked); 1 garlic, 1 garlic jalapeno and 1 beet) last night so I won't be able to eat them for a couple weeks, but I was wondering... Once I do eat the eggs, can I just put new eggs in the solution and re-use it, or do I need to dump it and start over from scratch? If I can, how many times can it be reused before it looses its efficacy?



Submitted June 11, 2017 at 06:55PM by gdblu http://ift.tt/2sR70Dd Canning

No comments:

Post a Comment