Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Can I use a 100’ extension cord for a 16.5 amp conveyor dryer? electricians

Here’s my apartment’s breaker box located in the basement of the building (I’m on the 2nd floor). I would have to run it to my garage from my balcony. This is the only option I really have outside of giving up on my current screen printing endeavor or moving. I was looking at a 10/3 cord. I live in a pretty old building and had previously thought I didn’t have any 20 amp outlets, however I found one behind my refrigerator. My garage is directly below my balcony, so I could feasibly run an extension cord off my balcony and into my garage. Photos below for reference:

Apartment breaker Heater specs

Would this work? Would it damage my conveyor dryer in any way or possibly short the circuit? I'm not sure if my 20 amp outlet is on the same circuit as the rest of my apartment or not. I wouldn’t be running the dryer every day, probably a few times a month for a few hours at a time.

Also- is that 2nd (clear) the same as the 30 amp fuse next to it? What would I replace that with if needed?

I don't know much about electrical wiring, I do have the following tools if needed: multimeter, kill-a-watt, non-contact voltage meter, fuses, fuse puller



Submitted June 20, 2017 at 08:29PM by LeftOfSelfCentered http://ift.tt/2swSpg8 electricians

No comments:

Post a Comment