Wednesday, June 7, 2017

[CA] Do my roommates and I have grounds to take my landlord to small claims court? legaladvice

Hi all. I wanted to ask if I have any chance at winning in small claims court for the following events that my landlord handled very poorly or not at all. Can I sue on the grounds for providing inadequate housing?

-Rat infestation: She provided rat traps but eventually we just found rat and rat-children dead in our living room

-Cockroach infestation: She advised us to take out the trash more regularly

-Waste pipe emptying feces into our backyard for days

-Refrigerator not chilling food for weeks at a time. (Told my housemates and I to store our food in other fridge)

-Broken toilet for the majority of the year: told us to use a different toilet

-Bed bugs infestation (ongoing)

Another outbreak of bed bugs has led me into looking into the possibility of taking my landlord to small claims court for not providing adequate housing. I live in a large home with many roommates, if thats important.

**I am sorry for the terrible quality and formatting of this post but it is finals week and my brain is fried.



Submitted June 07, 2017 at 12:01PM by wheresjohnbelushi http://ift.tt/2seMoY5 legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment