Sunday, September 11, 2016

Yet another "Suggested New Features" post RimWorld

Hey everyone. I just logged my hundredth hour into the game, and I can honestly say it's one of the best I've ever played. It is from this position of love, and with the knowledge that the game is still in alpha and changes can still be made, that I propose the following additions to the game.

I'm sure many mods will do exactly what I'm proposing, and my suggestions have probably all been made before, but I nevertheless wanted to add something to the discussion.

1. Carts. It just seems to me that in a colony where solar panels and cryosleep chambers are possible, we should be able to load up a wooden cart on the back of a muffalo, so our haulers trips to the far side of the map to get steel could be a bit more fruitful. 1a. Bikes. It would also be nice to have some kind of ground transport to speed up these trips all across the map.

2. Shelves or crates. I'm sure we've all run into the problem where, after our third consecutive corn harvest, we are producing more food than our refrigerators can handle, but we don't want to stop growing it for fear that the worse could happen. A little shelve in the store room that could hold a high number of a single resource would be very appreciated.

3. Our own mechs. Who hasn't downed a schyther and rushed to the wiki, only to disappointedly discover that we can't repurpose them?

4. The ability to recruit visitors. I just think it's rude that, if a world class cook comes to my colony, my only chance of convincing him to join would be putting him under arrest. I think it would be cool to, instead, wow him by putting him up in the best guest room we have, and making him want to stay.

5. More recruitment events. I love the events where a colonist is fleeing raiders and we need to save her, or someone crash landed and needs help. If there were more it would flesh out our pawns a lot more as characters. What if a small village ran out of food, and all 6 of its members came to join your colony? You then need to decide if the extra workers are worth the sudden extra drain on your resources.

6. More joy and social activities. This is one of my favorite parts of the game and I'd love to see more of them. Let one pawn write books or songs to be enjoyed by the others. Let them gather around the table for weekly dnd games. How about including a hot tub for everyone to unwind and warm up in?

7. Prioritizing projects. I know you can right click on a task and manually prioritize it, but I think it would be nice to be able to say "Hey, this defensive wall and corn crop are really important, I want all of you working on it during your work schedule. You can save laying the carpet and planting the daisies for later."

8. More kinds of autonomous towers. You just need to search for "kill boxes" to know that Rim World is an excellent tower defense game. If the options available to us were expanded, it could easily be one of the best. How about a liquid nitrogen tower to make the Raiders go more slowly, or a heavy fan that pushes them backwards? 8a. Expanded military roles for pawns. I'd love there to be a "Patrolling" role I could assign pawns to, like cooking or cleaning, where they would man turrets or simply patrol the edge of the home zone until their shift was up. A good way to put those pawns with high shooting skills but nothing else to work. 8b. Watch towers. Someplace for pawns to stand on our walls so they could snipe off grenaiders before they go blowing holes in our defenses. Maybe having a pawn positioned there could give us advanced notice on those raids that begin immediately?

9. Psychology Let a pawn with a high social skill talk to another stressed out pawn for a temporary buff.

10. Children. This is the biggest addition I would want added. How cool would it be to be able to breed the positive attributes of both parents into super pawns. Take the burning passion dad has for 5 topics and add mom's sanguine and hard working nature and you have a great kid. Maybe we could put them in super speedy growing vats for a while until they pop out teenagers?

Those are my ideas, let me know what you think.



Submitted September 11, 2016 at 09:11PM by Man-bear-jew http://ift.tt/2c1OU7O RimWorld

No comments:

Post a Comment