Friday, September 30, 2016

Home warranty question, post-closing (Calif) RealEstate

Hi. Closed escrow ~2 months ago. Part of the contract was a home warranty. Note that the "upgraded" checkbox is checked.

Our icemaker stopped working, and I went to set up a service appointment to discover that I am on the Standard Plan, and refrigerators are not covered on that plan.

Finally, it's super annoying to have to deal with this, because replacing the whole icemaker is like $75 in parts and I can do it myself so it seems like it's not even worth it... but then again, what if the whole fridge goes next month?

Anyway, Fidelity offers many plans, and I'm a bit peeved that I got put on the "standard" plan when my contract clearly said "upgraded" (although what that means specifically, I don't know).

Questions:

  1. What does "upgraded" typically mean here?
  2. Who messed up? Escrow, LA, BA, me?
  3. Who corrects the issue? How?
  4. Who pays the difference?
  5. Anything else I should know?

Thanks!



Submitted October 01, 2016 at 01:56AM by ent3ndu http://ift.tt/2dxAWMU RealEstate

No comments:

Post a Comment