Monday, September 26, 2016

First time smoking ribs and couldn't be happier! BBQ

http://ift.tt/2dvQl3p

I didn't use a recipe because this was sort of last minute. I did this on a weber kettle grill.

So what I did was pull the ribs out of the refrigerator and then put some ground pepper, kosher salt, and garlic powder all over both sides. Let that sit for an hour while I got the grill set up and up to temp.

I put a pan of apple juice under the meat and then in the other corner I put a small bed of charcoal with a mix of hickory and maple chunks. Every hour or so I brushed on a mix of apple juice and brown sugar. After 4 hours I stopped adding wood and just let it cook with the charcoal. After they got to 180, I took them off and covered in sweet baby rays BBQ sauce and then stuck them back on for 15 minutes.

These took longer than expected at 250, almost 8 hours, but the wait was definitely worth it because they tasted incredible!



Submitted September 26, 2016 at 05:28PM by mrhelton http://ift.tt/2d3oWmS BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment