Friday, September 30, 2016

Suspending Craftsman Model 113 table saw from garage? HomeImprovement

Hello, folks.

Attached are a handful of pictures of my garage prior to drywall install. I'm running short on space after some projects, and would like to give my wife her garage back. I have an old (1960s old) Craftsman Model 113 table saw, weighing somewhere in the neighborhood of 200lbs.

Is there any compelling reason I can't suspend the saw in a corner of the garage? It would be the leftmost corner, just interior of the beam.

My plan is to put in two pulleys attached to eye bolts. One will go into the side of the large central beam in the garage, the other will go into a 2x8 anchored across three studs. I've got two 840-lb strength 3/8" steel cable loops around the body of the saw, and was hoping to lift it up, place it on a refrigerator we have in a corner, and tie the cable to a cleat on the wall.

Any reason this won't work as described? http://ift.tt/2deDnoV



Submitted October 01, 2016 at 09:50AM by NoTheOtherSean http://ift.tt/2dD4EUF HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment