Monday, November 2, 2015

Really burned out and freaking out about upcoming holidays. Need strategic advice... maintenance? loseit

Hey all, I've been losing weight since March(2015) by counting calories with MFP and doing my best to stick to a -2lb/week plan. It worked great for about six months, and then sometime around September I just lost it. Fortunately I haven't gained any weight, I've just been bouncing between the same 5lbs for the last two months. It's not a plateau, because I've not been sticking to my calorie deficit. I tried a million different strategies, some sensible (many not) to get back into the regime. I don't mind tracking calories, in fact I like it, but I've lost a lot of motivation to actually care about whether I am above or below my daily calorie goal.

The week leading up to Halloween was pretty upsetting, of course. Between all the office parties and family things, I did OK but it was a real test of my willpower. I definitely seem to have this habit of thinking, "Well, I've screwed up today a little, might as well screw it up royally". Thinking ahead to Thanksgiving and all that happens around the holidays, I'm getting nervous. The week before Thanksgiving, I'm going on a mini-vacation to meet up with friends to celebrate our birthdays (our 40ths), and there's definitely going to be some big nights out involved.

I've heard some chatter about going on maintenance to avoid burnout. Maintaining for the next two months seems like a long time, and let's face it, I've pretty much been on accidental maintenance for two months already, but it also seems kind of like the only plausible strategy. Other than reverting calories to the TDEE, what does maintenance look like? Does anyone have tips or ideas? Were you able to come back to real weight loss after a maintenance break, and feel good about it? I know that the more structure I try to put in a plan, the less likely I am to follow through on it. I'm not the sort to be motivated by a post-it on the refrigerator. I feel like taking a break would help, but I also know that if I give myself a pass, it could end very badly. I appreciate any advice.

F 40, 5'10"; sw367; cw322; gw170.



Submitted November 02, 2015 at 10:14PM by m4gpi http://ift.tt/1NlG9Fo loseit

No comments:

Post a Comment