Thursday, November 5, 2015

Need help finding a piece of lumber...or advice for an alternative solution HomeImprovement

I am looking to install the ikea Algot shelving system into an existing pantry that has old wooden boards along the walls (presumably there to hold up shelves, but now there is a refrigerator in the pantry...see pic).

Anyways, I would like to use the boards because the studs are 16" apart and my rails will be ~23" apart. The rails each have 8 holes; as is, I can get maybe 4 of the screws to line up with the current boards so I need to add some more boards for the other holes. The boards are 1"x3", which is apparently pretty uncommon size now and I am having trouble finding something close. I really only need the 1" to match (I can deal with the mismatched look). I went to home depot and they told me they have nothing that will work, my home depot is kind of a shit show so they didn't have any recommendations or anything...thus I am here!

I do not have access to a planer...is there perhaps a better way to support the shelves? I think the walls are lath & plaster (that is what is everywhere else in the house).

http://ift.tt/1RZpdDW



Submitted November 06, 2015 at 03:22AM by slambur http://ift.tt/1OrNcOe HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment