Wednesday, November 4, 2015

My phone and Linux machine rang simultaneously today. Was I hacked? techsupport

This morning I was sitting at my computer and my phone began to ring and the caller was marked private. Simultaneously my computer began to play a phone ringing sound. I sat confused for a moment contemplating how this could be occurring and if I should answer the phone. I decided to answer and when I did a young boy said "good morning, how are you today?" I responded "very well, and you?" He said he was ok and then asked if my refrigerator was running. I hung up the phone and unplugged my ethernet cable.

I am running openSUSE 13.1 with kde. The only server I am hosting is a pulse audio server which I feel may be the culprit but the whole thing seems involved. If anyone has any theories I am very interested.



Submitted November 05, 2015 at 06:40AM by MrGadsden http://ift.tt/1WB5mwb techsupport

No comments:

Post a Comment