Monday, November 9, 2015

Advice on Refrigerator Repair vs Replacement DIY

Hello r/DIY! First time poster here, I appreciate any insight you can provide. We have a refrigerator in our house that was here when we bought the place back in 2007. It is a Maytag Plus, M/N MTB2156GES. From what I've found online, based on that model number, the refrigerator appears to have been manufactured in 2004, so it's about 11 years old. About 3 years ago the evaporator fan motor died, so we called a repair man who fixed it for us, and it's worked fine the past 3 years. Now we're in the same place again, and I'm fairly certain it's the same issue. I can hear the refrigerator turn on, but the fan never kicks on. We're torn between just getting a new fridge, or fixing it again. I'm fully confident that I can replace this motor myself this time after seeing the guy do it the last time. My question is, would you in r/DIY think it is worthwhile to fix the issue, or should we just get a new one since this one is now over 10 years old. We're leaning toward fixing it for now (the part is $85 on Amazon) and then taking our time to research a new fridge. Any thoughts are hugely appreciated!



Submitted November 10, 2015 at 02:34AM by VintageDougers http://ift.tt/1OA2WyI DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment