Sunday, September 4, 2016

New here. Losing weight after age 60 is so HARD! loseit

I'm 60+, 5'4" and weigh 160-165 (it fluctuates day to day) I've gained 40 lbs. in 10 years, and I need to take it back off. I'm starting with baby steps, since I'm older and have some physical limitations. Right now, I'm starting with exercise bands, simple step aerobics, and portion control. I'm a junk food junkie so I've started cutting waaaay back, and the goodies I do eat are healthy versions I've found online. I even cut back some of the sugar, fat and salt in those.

My one downfall is leafy greens. I hate salad. I buy salad makings and it sits and rots in my refrigerator. I don't really know what to do about that, but I'm seriously considering buying some green powder to go into my smoothies.

If any other older ladies have had success with losing weight, please feel free to give me any tips you have. Once it cools down (I live in FL), I'll be walking and riding my bike everywhere, so that will help. Right now, I'm just trapped inside because of the heat, as I don't have a car.

Just so you'll know, I'm on a really tight budget, so can't afford to join a gym or the Y or anything. I have to do this on my own.



Submitted September 05, 2016 at 07:07AM by anybodyanywhere http://ift.tt/2creTqM loseit

No comments:

Post a Comment