Wednesday, September 7, 2016

My new mini fridge was put upside down for about 10 minutes. Now it makes weird noises. Appliances

I live at a student's apartment complex and the mini fridge that came with my apartment wasn't working, so I made a complaint and they brought a new one this morning. The guy that brought it noticed that the door was opening in the wrong direction for where the fridge was to be installed, so he changed the direction of the door opening. However, to change it on the bottom of the fridge, he turned it upside down for about 10 minutes, probably less.

I let the refrigerator sit unplugged for about 6 hours and now I just plugged it. It is cooling properly but there's also a noise that seems to come from the top part (the freezer). I really don't know how to explain the noise, it's not continuous... it's similar to the noise ice makers make (but this fridge does not have an ice maker).

I've never owned a brand new refrigerator before, so I don't know if the noise is normal or if the fridge was damaged by being upside down. I do know that it is not normal refrigerator noise, though.

Do new refrigerators make weird noises while cooling?



Submitted September 07, 2016 at 11:17PM by fr4ctalica http://ift.tt/2cpeuGd Appliances

No comments:

Post a Comment