Monday, November 9, 2015

Reverse seared rack of lamb w/ recipe Cooking

First off I'd like to apologize for the crappy pic, I was not planning on making a post about this when I cooked it. http://ift.tt/1WMsmbv

Recipe

Marinade: 5-6 oz. extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 lemon (squeezed), 6-8 cloves garlic (chopped), fresh rosemary (finely chopped), 1 tsp cracked sea salt, 2 tsp cracked black peppercorn, 1/2 tsp green chili powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp Thyme, 1/2 tsp white sugar, 1 tsp brown sugar.

Mix all ingredients in small mixing bowl. Place rack of lamb and/or lamb chops in large Zip-Lock baggie, pour entire contents of marinade into Zip-Lock and chill for at least 30 minutes.

After marinading for at least 30 minutes, pull lamb from refrigerator ~20 minutes before cooking. For this rack I placed it on a smoker running at ~225-250°F for 45 minutes, then seared over charcoal for 3-4 minutes per side.

This came out a perfect rare/med-rare to me, and melted in everyone's mouth. It was definitely more pink than the pic shows, I did not use a flash. Cheers!



Submitted November 09, 2015 at 10:34PM by benwaaaaaaaah http://ift.tt/1NEYfCu Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment