Tuesday, November 10, 2015

One weird trick to calibrate your KX3. Elecraft hates it! amateurradio

For the past 8 months I've been doing a Reddit pass around of an Elecraft XG50 signal generator used to do the extended VFO temperature compensation procedure on a KX3. I've run out of people to send it to and I don't want it back in my house.

Doing the calibration on your Elecraft will make your KX3 much more stable when transmitting full duty cycle modes like JT65. The procedure isn't very hard to do and you get to amaze your loved ones by putting your rig the refrigerator.

There is no cost except for the postage required to send the XG50 on to the next person.

PM me your name, callsign, address and email, and I will add you to the pass around list.



Submitted November 10, 2015 at 08:47PM by MonkeybutlerCJH http://ift.tt/1MxMbC8 amateurradio

No comments:

Post a Comment