Sunday, November 1, 2015

First Time Cat Owner, Adopted a Former Stray from a Shelter, Could Use some Tips! cats

Howdy!

So my hubby and I adopted this lovely 4 year old Maine Coon mix from a shelter. She doesn't act like any cat i've ever seen though.

See ... I kinda hated cats until her. Her name is Ravi, by the way. Since I work from home and all, I had been getting lonely and we figured a cat would be great for both of us. So we go to a shelter, kinda let a cat pick us out, and we bring her home.

We've had her for months now, and we found out from the shelter that she used to be a stray. Now ... I'm new to this whole cat thing. I've been a dog person my whole life. So all I've seen of cats is the larger ones that look like they judge you every five seconds, and just kinda do their own thing.

Ravi is kinda ... well ... i guess i'm trying to find out if she's weird, or different, or if this is just a thing cats do.

She comes when I call her, she follows commands, she doesn't hiss, bite, scratch, or make any sort of aggressive sound. She makes eye-contact a lot, but in a very excited way. She's TINY , which I know is odd for a maine coon. But she also barely sheds at all, which from what I've been told is SUPER unusual.

She kind of meows, but often makes this weird ... rolling ... noise that I have no idea what it is. It sounds like running your tongue across the roof of your mouth.

She is also afraid of a lot of things that make no sense to me. She's scared of the refrigerator. like, moritfied of it. I open it and she BOLTS and hides and won't come out for a good few minutes. She is terrified of other people outside of my roomie and I. Again, runs and hides, and once they're gone she checks over the entire house to make sure they're gone.

She is also ... SUPER Vocal. Like ... if we close our doors she will go through the whole house crying in distress until we check whats up. This sometimes happens in the middle of the night. I open my door and she's just sitting there looking sad. So ... she'll sleep with me.

So the guy that used to hate cats now has a cat that is obsessed with him I guess? Uh ... So is there anything I can do to make sure she lives a good life? I'm really liking her, but I just want to know if she's a little unique or if this is just normal cat stuff.

Thanks in advance!



Submitted November 02, 2015 at 05:22AM by Mr_Mystery_Show http://ift.tt/1RnjlEr cats

No comments:

Post a Comment