Sunday, March 26, 2017

Last Night, There was a Man in My Closet nosleep

Related

My life has been changed. I’ll never be able to live the life I once thought I had. All because of them. The Green Suits. Three days have past, since the revelation of my true identity. I hadn’t believed it. It seemed so unreal. Yet, it seems true. I keep having dreams. Darkness. Then, a bright light. A cloud and a locked gate. I can’t put together what it means, but I wonder if it has any significance.

Anyway, the next day I was back to work. Everyone was staring at me like I was a devil or some kind of monster. The “Official” story was that I had been kidnapped on the plane and that some radical terrorists had taken control. Of course, it was bullshit, but whatever. Work went normally enough and everything seemed fine.

I went to bed early that night. I was tired and wanted to rest up from my awful week. I slept peacefully for a few hours, but I woke up at around 2:00 AM, wanting a drink. As I got up, my eyes wandered to my closet. I could’ve sworn, I had seen someone. There looked to be some kind of shape sitting in my closet watching me. I felt like just walking away. I didn’t want to deal with whatever was there. Whoever was there.

But, I mean, there was a person in my house. If it was someone, I should at least confront them. Finally, I decided what to do.

“Hello?” I called out. “I can see you.”

To my surprise a gentleman stood up, wearing a suit and a red tie, and walked out of the closet like it was normal. I must have looked like an idiot, staring at this man, like he was some figment of my imagination. He was somewhat tall with brilliant, piercing, green eyes and a dark brown hair slicked back.

I scratched my head. “Who the hell are you?”

He looked at me and smiled. “You might want to sit down for this.” This man was like no one I had ever met. He had a suave style to him, that I couldn’t place. He didn’t seem arrogant or overconfident, just suave.

“You wanna tell me your name?” I asked with a nervous glance to the window. If this was guy was gonna kill me, I needed to at least make a fast getaway. He noticed my gaze and laughed.

“I ain’t here to kill you kid. My name is Jack. Jack Rothschild. I’m a senior agent for the Boeing Emergency Aeronautical Response Services. But, you know, call us BEAR. We deal with...well things outside the realms of reality. We have our own planes outfitted with some “off the shelf” tech. Basically, we respond to situations that are outside of what normal response teams are equipped for. Which leads us to your situation,” he spoke calmly as he pulled out a cigarette. He thrust one at me. “Want one?”

I waved it away. “So the Irishmen. They work for these Cloud Keepers?”

He smiled as he took a puff of the cigarette, his exhale clouding his face from my view. “Allow me to explain. This began with the Montauk Project on Long Island, NY. I don't wish to go into too much detail regarding the project, however, during time travel experimentation, there was a connection established through the fourth dimension called "The Time Tunnel."

“Unfortunately this was utilized as a gateway for what we now call The Cloud Keepers. These beings are about the size of a blimp, and the best way I can describe them is they look like them monsters from that video game from a few years back. These Cloud Keepers are beings from a different part of the universe, and through psychological manipulation, they were able to assimilate the scientists within Camp Hero (one of our divisions) into doing experiments in order to benefit their own technology on their home planet. Their goal was and still is to figure out teleportation.”

“Fast forward to present day. The Cloud Keepers are becoming increasingly more dangerous. They are using psychological manipulation to assimilate humans when they become aware of the Cloud Keepers existence. In order to identify themselves, they wear Green (Green clouds/haze as well). We are currently not sure as to why they identify as green, but it may or may not be significant. Their teleportation experiments are increasing in numbers, hence these phantom flights you see that have been increasing,” he said as he concluded his story.

“Wow” I said, completely overwhelmed.

“I’m sorry, but that’s all I can say. But there is still so much we don’t know. They are attracted to our planet for several unknown reasons. There’s also something else. Something very bad. As much as I want to...I can’t, I can’t say.” he looked pained as he said it.

“I understand. I’m assuming they were attacking me because they knew I saw them and they wanted to make me into one of them?” I said.

Rothschild nodded as he exhaled another cloud of smoke. “We think. We haven’t seen the Cloud Keepers physically in a while…”

“So, I’m not really one of them?” I persisted.

“No, you are human. Unequivocally human. It was a lie, a ruse,” he stood up and made for the door. “We have to go now.”

“Go? Where?” I said nervously. I still didn’t fully trust this man after everything I had been through.

He rolled his eyes. “To the ice cream parlor.” Noticing my lack of approval, he said “We have to talk to one of my friends. We need your help. We are beginning the biggest operation and history. If we’re going to beat the Cloud Keepers, we’ll need your help. We want you to join us.”

Everything was moving so fast. I didn’t know if I was ready for this. I was just a normal young adult, living my life, a few weeks ago and now I was being swept up in this cosmic war. I wanted my old life back. But it was gone. Burnt away by fire.

“Let’s go.” I said.

He led me outside into an older-looking black Jaguar and he stepped on the gas propelling us forward at very dangerous speeds. We drove for what must have amounted to three hours, but I lost track of time because his car’s clock was not working. We drove on the highway for a while, but we soon went off-road as we drove through a beautiful forest area. We drove past a small, flowing river and even saw a black bear trudging around, giving us nothing more than a cautionary glance. Finally, we left the forest and drove down a few dirt paths, before he stopped the car in a small cave and motioned me to get out.

“It’s not far. But we have to walk from here” he explained.

We moved quickly and stealthy, hiding behind trees and then sprinting through underbrush. Finally, about twenty minutes later, we reached what basically was an old, dilapidated shack. The windows were cracked and the old paint had all but peeled off.

Jack pushed at the door and it completely fell off the hinges. He propped it up, smiled at me, and led me to the back of the room. There was a chair, a table missing a leg and oddly enough, a refrigerator that looked to be in decent condition. Jack pulled the fridge over to reveal a panel. He pressed a button on it and looked at me.

“Step back.”

I moved back and watched the floor disappeared and was replaced by a ladder leading down. Jack jumped down, ignoring the ladder and called for me to come down. I slowly climbed down the ladder, my hands shaking with nervous energy.

I emerged into a dark tunnel. Rothschild turned on a flashlight and illuminated the tunnel. Stalactites littered the ceiling, looking dangerously unstable as we moved underneath them. We walked into silence for some time before stopping in front of a large door. Rothschild went through a series of codes and a retinal scan before standing back. The door slowly opened and well it was incredible.

Rows upon rows of computers with people just milling about, talking, working with headsets on. We stepped inside. Rothschild ignored those working and instead led me through, the facility which I soon came to realize was massive. We walked through large testing areas where several planes were housed. Rothschild didn’t explain and I didn’t ask. Instead he opened an office door and led me inside. There was a man sitting in a chair on the computer. He looked up and smiled.

“Aaron, this is Richard Kingsley. He’s my partner in crime,” Rothschild explained as I shook the timid-looking man’s hand.

Kingsley looked at me with calculating eyes. “Pleased to meet you, Aaron. I’ve heard a lot about you.”

“Rothschild gestured to the computer. “Kingsley’s a genius with the computer. He did much of the research on you.”

I laughed. “I don’t know if I should be thanking you or hitting you.”

Richard looked at me amused. “Well you’ll figure out which one in a few moments. I’ll let Jack, here, explain what we want you to do.”

Rothschild eyes lost their playfulness. “We want to end this. This war. We want to go home and go back to life. We want you to draw the Cloud Keepers out. On a plane. Basically, you’re going to lead a team and I’ll lead another one. We’re going to draw the Cloud Keepers out and capture them. With the warrior class gone, we’ll take out their main facilities. We’ll learn all their secrets and this war will basically be over.”

I nearly fainted. “You must be insane. I’m just a flight attendant. I can’t...won’t do this.”

“Aaron, you could save the world from this and end the suffering of the Green Suits,” Rothschild implored.

Kingsley chimed in. “We can train you and help you learn what to do. We’re not going to let you get hurt. Don’t worry, we’re professionals.”

I thought hard. I can end this battle and change the lives of billions without them even knowing. Or I could ignore this and hope somebody will do something. I looked at Jack. “How could I help...theoretically.”

Jack rubbed his chin. “They still want to find you and change you. We can use that to draw the Keepers out. We just need to keep the Suits from you. Believe me, Aaron. I have a son and you remind me of him. I won’t let you get hurt. I swear.”

I thought hard. Finally, I said, “Okay.”

“You’re doing a good deed,” Richard said, putting a hand on my soldier.

BEEP!!!

An alarm started ringing out all over the compound. A young girl, who must’ve been in her twenties, leaned into the door.

“Sir, we have a Class-5 problem.”

We raced out and back into the command center. A burly man ran up to us and waited for Rothschild acknowledgment.

“Soldier, status report,” Rothschild exclaimed.

“Sir, the Green Suits we’ve been tracking are going crazy. It all seems to be in relation to a massive surge in sound waves from an area in Deer Meadow, Washington. Two of the Green Suits have actually killed themselves because of this sound. Here, listen to it,” the soldier said as he handed Rothschild a headset.

Rothschild looked visibly concerned as he listened. He handed the headset to Richard, who listened and then gave it back to the soldier.

Rothschild broke the silence. “This isn’t good.”

Everyone turned and looked at me.

Kingsley spoke up. “Everyone out!!” Every agent including the soldier left the room leaving the three of us alone. Rothschild looked at me, worried. “Aaron, we’ve been hearing this sound for months albeit much lower frequencies than this. We have no idea what it is, as we’ve sent soldiers out to Deer Meadow and they say everything is fine. However, it ALWAYS upsets the Green Suits. Always.”

“What does this mean, then?” I asked.

Rothschild turned away from me. “Our plans are going to have to be accelerated. And we have to go to Deer Meadow.”

I had only one thought.

Fuck.

-A.R.



Submitted March 27, 2017 at 03:47AM by AcreaRising4 http://ift.tt/2nqkOnc nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment