Saturday, March 25, 2017

High Electric Bills, Suddenly. HomeImprovement

I have a small (840 sq. ft.) condo that I rent out, in the Northeast. My tenant moved out last fall, and it has been up for rent. My property manager asked me to have the power turned on in January to make it easier to show the unit. We found a tenant, and they moved in mid February, and put the electric in their own name at that time. I got a bill from the power company for $240 for six weeks, which seemed really high for a unit with no one in it. I called to question the bill, and they said something about being a cold winter, electric heat, etc. I was doubtful, but ok. Then yesterday the new tenant texted me saying his bill for one month was $194. That seems really high to me, and to him as well. I think when I was living in the unit, my bill was usually around $60 - $70 a month. What could cause the bill to be so high? Is this a sign that something is failing, like the refrigerator, or the electric hot water heater? Is someone somehow pirating power from the unit? Has anyone seen a similar situation? What's going on here, anyone have any ideas? Thanks!



Submitted March 25, 2017 at 11:47PM by RescuePilot http://ift.tt/2n3fiU1 HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment