Wednesday, March 29, 2017

[CA] Energy bill for apartment is very high and bill not in my name legaladvice

I moved to a 1 bed apartment recently and live alone. Over the past month I have not turned on the heater or AC once and spend most of the time during the weekdays away from home, at school. I have the typical appliances: refrigerator, oven, microwave, a computer with flat screen, no TV, and energy efficient light bulbs. The PG&E gas/ electric bill recently sent by my landlord is $116 which is incredibly high. Previously I've lived alone and the bill was under $20 for similar energy usage. In my lease I am required to pay for all utilities incl. water and garbage, but none of these bills are in my name and landlord sends an email to me with the amounts but no bills attached. This is a two unit complex and we have separate meters. Am I blowing it out of proportion?



Submitted March 30, 2017 at 01:30AM by twtwtwtwtwtwtw http://ift.tt/2ozySsh legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment