Friday, September 2, 2016

Question about an experience I had Paranormal

First off, I want to be very clear that this isn't at all fictional. So many people tell "true" stories on these types of subreddits that I'm people assume most of this content is bullshit. I'm not trying to tell a creepy story, I just want to know if anyone has an answer to what happened to my girlfriend and I.

A little background, I'm a a fervent atheist. I love reading paranormal stories and everything, but I don't genuinely believe any of it. Sorry if that offends some of you true believers but I want to be clear so that you understand how weird this experience was for me.

We lived in Savannah, GA at the time, which a lot of people claim is one of the most haunted cities in the country. We have a whole ghost tourism industry as ridiculous as that might seem. There's one tour group that even drives you around in old hearses, the whole thing is super gimmicky.

One night at my apartment, my girlfriend goes to get something from the kitchen. It was late and we were going to bed. She comes back scared as hell and tells me that something is wrong. She explains that when she walked into the kitchen, she was hit by a strong feeling of fear. She asked me to go check it out and tell her she's acting crazy.

Our kitchen was attached to our living room. We had rug in the apartment but the kitchen floor was tile. As soon as I stepped onto the tile, I felt it. A wave of dread washed over me. I'm sorry, just typing it I feel like I'm writing a shitty creepy pasta but this really did happen. I felt like I wasn't supposed to be in the kitchen and I got that "frisson" sensation all over my body.

I went back to the bedroom and told my gf that I felt it too. She started to freak out, she had fully expected me to come back and tell her she was acting crazy. I was pretty scared, but like I said I don't really believe in the paranormal. I mean, we would have to have some scientific evidence by now. At least, that's my logic.

Anyway, I convince myself that I must be crazy and go back to the kitchen. Again, as soon as I step onto the tile I feel it. This time, I decide to ignore the feeling thinking that I must just e siking myself out. I figured I would just walk into the kitchen and try my best to put the fear behind me.

I decided to give myself a task, I would pour myself a glass of water. Every step I took deeper into the kitchen, the feeling got worse. Eventually the frisson was basically painful and I kept getting more anxious. It peaked when I opened the refrigerator, I just felt very wrong and honestly was struggling to stay standing.

This was a few years ago but it's bothered me ever since. I still believe it was either in my head or that maybe there was some kind of gas leak or something in the kitchen. But it only happened that one night, and only in the kitchen.

I don't know why I'm posting this really, maybe someone has had a similar experience? Like I said, I am a true science sceptic when it comes to this stuff but I've been confuses about this for years now. If anyone has any theories, I'd really appreciate it.

TL;DR: I felt a feeling of intense dread in my kitchen. I'm a skeptic atheist, but can't explain what the hell happened. Anyone with a plausible explanation or similar experience, please try to help me understand.



Submitted September 03, 2016 at 10:58AM by erkdaclerk http://ift.tt/2c1K3WL Paranormal

No comments:

Post a Comment