Saturday, September 3, 2016

Mounting power strip on wall - good idea? HomeImprovement

My apartment doesn't have a whole lot of power outlets, and the ones that are there are pretty badly located. I'm looking to add a wireless doorbell (more on that later), and I'm wondering if it's possible to mount a power hub on the wall.

I've got an outlet stuck behind the refrigerator, though it's connected via a low-profile plug adapter. I'm wondering if I can't just add another low-profile adapter, run a power cord along to the other side of the doorframe, and mount a power hub on the wall next to the light switch. I'll probably just stable or glue the power cord along the frame, like the previous tenant apparently did with the phone line.

Here's an album with the pictures of the outlet, the door, and where I'm thinking of mounting the outlet hub:

http://ift.tt/2bTSFOv

And here are the materials I'm thinking of using:

Might be good to mention that the apartment is in an old, crappy East Boston house, so the wiring is easily trippable and I'm a little hesitant to place a lot of stress on it (I've tripped the breakers once or twice before just by drying my hair). I'm cautious about adding power outlets, as a result. I don't know how careful I need to be re: power consumption in this place, so any advice on that would be awesome. I'm renting, so anything bigger than mounting something on the wall isn't possible (or would probably get me yelled at).

Any and all advice is well appreciated! This place is inconvenient in really weird ways, so I might ask for more help on improving it in the future.



Submitted September 03, 2016 at 11:19PM by black-cat-supremacy http://ift.tt/2bTTDKA HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment