Friday, September 9, 2016

I think I am beginning to realize how manipulative my [27 F] boyfriend [28 M] truly is and I'm concerned about potential bi-polar relationships

My long term boyfriend and I got into a fight last night and it left me quite dumbfounded and drained. He lives about an hour away from me and has been having issues getting back and forth to work since his car broke down. To help, I've been staying at his place more so than I usually do, and then I just commute back and forth to work/home. Needless to say, I spend at least three hours a day in the car on days that I do this.

I was out of work yesterday with a really bad sore throat. It wouldn't stop, so I drove myself to urgent care and turns out I have a bad case of strep. I offered to not come over to his place last night seeing that I didn't want to get him sick, but he insisted we follow through with the plans, so I went. For whatever reason, he was in a mood. At one point in the night, I walked past him on my way to the kitchen and, apparently, I was breathing too much in his direction. He literally started chastising me for breathing in his direction. Now it's not like I walked past him coughing on his face, nothing like that. But I had to listen to him complain for thirty minutes about how that's unsanitary and that I am uncivilized.

It's happened before. He's lectured me on how it's gross to spit in the kitchen sink (which I DON'T normally do, it was a one time occurrence when I NEEDED to spit out some hydrogen peroxide), how I leave dishes too dirtied in the sink, how I forgot to pick up a few of my nail clippings, how I go through toilet paper too fast, just tons of small, little things like that. And it's draining. It makes me feel..not good. And I have expressed that to him on countless occasions and his excuse it that he's "particular" and that he's sorry to come across as an asshole, but that I should "help him help me".

Well, last night when I really wasn't feeling well, I had had enough of listening to his lecture about a little, tiny thing I'd done. I got really annoyed and I needed to leave the room before I said or did something nasty. So, I literally put down the food I was about to heat up and walked quietly to the living room and just sat down. Said and did nothing. But me walking away was apparently the wrong thing to do, because the next thing I know, he's smashing shit around the kitchen and punching the refrigerator.

Then he proceeded to tell me he's going to bed and that he can't do this anymore and that he would like for me to leave and go home. At 11pm, with strep, on an hour drive. Ok, cool. So I packed all my things and loaded up my car. I guess what he really wanted was for me to profusely apologize and beg him not to make me leave, because when he realized I was leaving, he comes out and begs me not to go and starts crying about his dead dad.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I love this guy, he's GREAT when he's great, but I don't know what is wrong with him. I am concerned that he's either bi-polar, or just plain narcissistic. Has anyone ever encountered actions and behaviors like these? Any thoughts?


tl;dr: I think I am beginning to realize how manipulative my boyfriend truly is and I'm concerned about potential bi-polar.



Submitted September 09, 2016 at 07:17PM by AmiSam1 http://ift.tt/2cKbKpm relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment