Tuesday, September 6, 2016

[Gear] Just wanted to show off my Washburn N4 that I've had for 24 years .. Guitar

Amps-wise over the years I've owned a Crate 2x12, a Randall C200, a Hughes & Kettner Tour Reverb Combo and now a lowly Roland Cube but this guitar has been my pride and joy for slightly more than half my existence on the planet. It's had a fret crown and level back in '05 which really allowed me to lower the action. The pickups have been changed a few times .. I did have a Doug Aldrich Suhr bridge at one point which had this monster, raging rock tone, push and clarity that was unmistakeable but I'm more of a Fusion freak that prefers darker, medium gain tones. The original plastic rocker pickup selector switch was black and it broke right in my hand 10 years ago in Mississippi. So I went to a local music shoppe and bought an off-white/cream one for $5 because I thought it would look a little more alive and less gothic. The original Washburn black case flooded with nasty sewery storm water as I weathered Hurricane Katrina. I set it one top of the refrigerator at Grandma's and when we returned, the water had risen chest-high and tipped it. The case was ruined but luckily only a very small dribble touched the guitar's top, didn't leave a stain and the rest of it was untouched amazingly. The screw holes on the back are perfect as I've always meticulously screwed/unscrewed them but just lost the cover plates at some point. Acoustically is rings wonderfully true and plays like butter. I've always wanted Nuno to wield it and sign it for me to see how it might differ from his #1. But anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to hammer away. I have three basic 1.5 minute videos on YouTube I shot a month ago with a Sony GoPro that are mixed with some original ideas and pieces of covers. Thanks for stopping by!

N4 Images
Me flubbing things nicely



Submitted September 07, 2016 at 03:16AM by Cedar70 http://ift.tt/2bRUxds Guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment