Sunday, July 3, 2016

Can I still use these cucumbers for pickling? Canning

I bought a bag of mini cucumbers about a week ago and another bag today, from the same store. I went to start preparing them today and noticed that they had this kind of white'ish slime on them. I washed them all off and some of them were kind of mushy but the rest were fine, they were still firm so I think the slime on them was coming from the mushy ones. I googled and it was pretty 50/50 on whether or not you should throw them away or just wash them and use them anyway. Any experience with this? I've never had cucumbers do this before. I did make sure to wash them off really well and only used the ones that were firm but I marked the jars that had those in them in case I need to pitch them anyway. I would attach pictures but imgur isn't cooperating for me right now

Edit: I should add these are refrigerator pickles, I didn't actually "can" them.



Submitted July 04, 2016 at 04:01AM by stargirl142 http://ift.tt/29cjzCU Canning

No comments:

Post a Comment