Monday, September 5, 2016

Something lives in this apartment and I don't know how to communicate with it. Paranormal

Like almost everyone else in this sub, I'm a magnet for the weird and unexplained. I've had people live and stay with me for extended periods of time who showed up skeptics and left believers. That happened this summer, when my long-distance boyfriend came to stay with me while we were both on summer break.

Background: I live alone. I've lived in this apartment for about a year and a half. When I moved in, before I even started unpacking boxes, I burned sage to clean the area of whatever energies the last residents left. (This is in line with my religious beliefs.) I also verbally directed anything negative that might be hanging around to fuck off. (Not religious, just something I've had to learn to do.)

But although I live alone (well, I got a cat about a year ago), I've never felt alone in this apartment. It's not just the paper-thin walls and the loud neighbors. Something else lives here. And I've had more paranormal experiences in the year and a half I've been here than I did in the five years prior put together.

I'll start with the little things. I'll see movement out of the corner of my eye. Boyfriend noticed it, too, when he was staying here. And he often interrupts our Skype calls to ask where the cat is, because he saw something move in the background. It's rarely the cat. There are odd bumps and banging. Again, it's an old, cheap apartment with thin walls, but noises from the neighbors have an echoey quality that these don't. They usually come from the same few places. But I'll get to that.

Things will disappear and reappear somewhere I would have noticed them if they had been there before - on countertops or my bedside table. It happens a lot with my medicine bottles. I'll leave dishes out overnight and find them in the sink in the morning. Sometimes, though not as often, I'll be doing something, realize I need an object, and start to get up to grab it only to find it within arm's reach, when it hadn't been there before. So whatever it is, it's helpful.

I think.

That brings me into the bigger stuff. I'm operating under the assumption that only one... entity? is at work here, although it's possible that the stuff above and each of the two things I'm about the mention could be the result of three or more different entities (?).

It spoke to me. Twice.

The first time was the July before last. I was laying in bed when I heard a voice from behind me. At first, it was kind of faint, so I brushed if off. It definitely didn't sound like it was coming from the neighbors, but I couldn't figure out what it said, so I brushed it off. Then I heard it again, much louder and clearer, and I could pinpoint where it was coming from. Where the big red star is. I was facing the sliding glass door at the time. The voice was male, but distorted. Like E.T., or someone talking through one of those voice box thingies that smokers have sometimes. It said "Make sure-" or "Make your-" and stopped, like it was cut off.

I want to emphasize that the voice was definitely coming from inside the apartment. Human hearing is pretty precise - close your eyes and ask someone to crouch and speak to you from different heights. You can usually point to where their face is.

I don't have any radios or stereos. I was on my laptop at the time, so if the laptop was making noise, the sound would have come from in front of me. The obvious rational explanations are all accounted for.

Since this isn't my first experience with the unexplained, I eventually decided to speak to it. "Hi. I'm [name]. This is my apartment; I live here. What are you doing here?"

In response, I heard movement in the kitchen. I can see the kitchen from my bed through a little bar area. There was nothing there. The movement was too close to be neighbors and too big to be mice or rats. Eventually, the noises localized to the area around my refrigerator (where the little red star is). I got up and checked the refrigerator. It wasn't the source of the noise - noises didn't change or get louder when I opened the door, for example. They stopped and I went back to bed. Several hours later (it was past midnight, I think), a bunch of stuff on top of my refrigerator came crashing to the floor. This stuff wasn't precariously stacked or anything, and this was before I got my cat. There was no reason for it to fall. It was like something pushed it off.

I even went to my psychiatrist about a week later and relayed these experiences. She doesn't think I'm making it up or hallucinating.

The day I heard the voice, I slept in pretty late. I had horrible nightmares (which is pretty standard for me), and a bout of sleep paralysis (less standard, but not uncommon). It happened about a month after I escaped a domestic violence situation. So that's all the relevant background info there.

I still regularly hear the noises around my refrigerator. Sometimes, they're downright cheeky. For example, just an hour ago, I joked to my boyfriend on Skype that I can turn off the lights now because there's no demons in my house, and I heard one, single, loud knock/thump. (I know it's not a demon, I'm pretty sure it just thinks it's being funny.)

It spoke to me one more time a few months later. This time, the voice was female, and less distorted, but I couldn't make out what it said. I was in the same place - on my bed, facing the sliding glass door - but the voice came from in front of me that time. There was a... sense? of gold. I don't know how to describe it. I didn't exactly see gold, and I don't have synesthesia, but there was a sense of warm, golden light, I guess, and a feeling of peace. It happened faster than I could realize what was happening, and then it was gone in a blink.

Boyfriend, who is now a believer, asked some friends of his who also believes, and has come to the conclusion that it is a "house white." I don't think house whites talk, though, and whenever I see movement, it's always a dark flash, not a light one. Operating on his friend's advice, I left out some instant oatmeal (no dried oats available) and a shot glass of milk overnight. The milk was gone in the morning, but may have evaporated (milk evaporates, right?), and the oatmeal had obviously been messed with. Although I did have a cat at that point, so that can't be ruled out.

Whatever it is, I'd like to communicate with it. Figure out what it is, why it's here, and what, if anything, it wants from me. I'd also like it to stop moving my medicine bottles. It probably thinks it's being helpful, but I know to look for my bottles on the floor beside my bedside table and I don't know to look on my kitchen counter, so it would be faster for everyone.

If you have any advice or insight, that would be so helpful. Thanks!



Submitted September 05, 2016 at 01:51PM by 4126899273 http://ift.tt/2bNA2yH Paranormal

No comments:

Post a Comment