Friday, September 9, 2016

Kenmore refrigerator, not cold enough, runs loud appliancerepair

I own a kenmore 795.71024.010 that came with my house. The previous owner bought it scratch-and-dent, and I believe he had the compressor replaces shortly before I moved in. I have no paperwork for that, nor has he returned my calls.

Both the fridge and the freezer (drawer below) are set to their coldest settings, but are not cold enough. I think the coil in the bottom/back may ice up (I've found water and eliminated other possibilities). Am I low on R134a? The serial-sticker tells me pressures for the high and low side (400/140PSIg). Can I check the unit myself? If it's low, can I refill it myself?

I'm handy and technical, just not in this area (I understand the theory but have zero practical experience). I've done car AC, but that's easy. Please advise.



Submitted September 10, 2016 at 06:03AM by jesseaknight http://ift.tt/2cgh7dO appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment