Thursday, March 16, 2017

"Meal train," casseroles, etc. BabyBumps

Hi everyone! FTM here, due in late August. We are so lucky to have many supportive friends and family members close by, and usually when someone has a baby, a friend starts a meal sign-up using a website like takethemameal.com.

This is going to sound so high maintenance... but my husband and I are both really health-conscious and we have some weird food preferences/dislikes: we both hate casseroles and anything with a creamy base like cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, alfredo sauce, melted cheese, etc. And I don't eat meat. We live in the Midwest, so casseroles are pretty standard around here.

Honestly, I know that I won't have a ton of energy for the first few days after the baby comes, but I would prefer to have some simple things around that my husband or I can make. I don't want to have a refrigerator and freezer full of stuff that we aren't going to eat.

I don't want to tell people not to bring us food, but I also don't want a bunch of food to go to waste! I feel like I'm being such a diva... Any advice? I know it's so early to be thinking about this, but this and dealing with post-birth visitors are two things that are kind of stressing me out lately.



Submitted March 16, 2017 at 08:16PM by mrsembalmo http://ift.tt/2mwsznZ BabyBumps

No comments:

Post a Comment