Friday, March 3, 2017

TIFU Making a woman think she was racist (fried chicken involved) tifu

Strap in folks!

So last night I went to dinner with some friends in town for the Giants spring training. We were at a fairly nice restaurant known for all of its Baseball memorabilia and this was also a kind of sales team dinner so we were all joking and having a good time most of the night . I didn't go to the game yesterday but everyone else did go and apparently the women that sat at the table directly next to us were sitting right next to all of the guys I was with during the game too .

Here is where it gets good. We joke around with the ladies for a bit as they looked over the menu and we all talked about this seasons big players and so on. Everyone at our table has already ordered and we are just drinking waiting for our food to arrive so we can eat .

Now let me start this by saying I'm your typical suburban Wayne Brady'esque black guy and where I live im pretty much guaranteed to be the only black guy in the room. Not that anyone cares about my race but its the gunpowder to this story.

As were getting up to leave after talking about baseball and joking with these women all night the older one turns to me and says " Hey this fried chicken is amazing but i'm full and there is no refrigerator in my hotel room would you like to take this home ". Im sitting directly next to her and I swear you could hear a pin drop across the room. So I turn to her and politely go "No ma'am im very full but thank you! And its awesome you are comfortable enough with me to offer me fried chicken ". Awkward silence broken.. The back of the restaurant erupts in laughter from all the neighboring tables who overheard the conversation. As I turn back and look at her her eyes start getting glassy and next thing I know her head is in her hands and shes bawling her eyes out to embarrassed to get words out. I immediately slide over to her and put my are around her shoulder and apologize for the crude humor but she wanted no part of being in that conversation. I apologized to the other woman who was at the table with her who obliviously got the joke and was awkwardly sitting there, and we bolted. Worth the joke but I felt like an ass

I apologize for the grammar and spelling I'm trying to hammer this out at work.

TL;DR Nice lady kindly offered me "the only black guy in the restaurant" her fried chicken. I take the opportunity to be witty and made her cry .



Submitted March 03, 2017 at 11:11PM by XV11 http://ift.tt/2lEaVy4 tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment