Monday, April 17, 2017

Not sure if I'm wrong about this situation. SO issues. Advice

Here's a little context: my SO and I have a child and I'm pregnant with our second. We aren't exactly struggle to make ends meet but I'd like to save more since we are having another child. We are renting our own place after staying (payed rent) in a room at him parents house. Here's where I am having an issue. Like i said, we aren't really struggling with bills but we do have a good amount of debt still. When we lived at his parents house we had our own refrigerator but didn't need it when we moved. He put it on Craigslist or whatever and sold it for $40. I heard him talking to his mom and told her to keep the money. It upset me that he gave his mom the money. I asked him why and he said he just wanted to. If his mom was struggling I wouldn't be so upset. I don't feel that we're in the financial position to just give his mom money whenever he feels like it. He said I don't understand what family means. I told him he needs to think about our daughter and unborn child before anyone else. I believe that we're his family that comes first. I do feel in a way i am over reacting but I don't think I'm wrong either. Do you think it's okay for me to feel this way?

TLDR: SO gave his mom $40 because he wanted to. I got mad because I don't think were in the financial situation to just give away money. Am i over reacting?



Submitted April 18, 2017 at 09:07AM by monajaramillo http://ift.tt/2oGP3Wa Advice

No comments:

Post a Comment