Friday, April 28, 2017

1950s Hotpoint refrigerator in modern kitchen? HomeImprovement

Hey Reddit I have inherited a 1950s fridge from my mom. It has been used off & on since it was made, most recently in a barn tack room. I was thinking I'd stick it in our shed till we thought of a use for it or moved to a place big enough for a man cave, but suddenly it occurred to me that it wouldn't look out of place in our kitchen. We have a modern fridge obviously & will be keeping it as the main fridge but the kitchen is huge & there's a big blank wall on the opposite side with an outlet. The house was built in 1900 & decor wise I think it would look great but I'm worried about safety.

Would 2 fridges pull too much power? Do I need to have it serviced by ???? (whomever would service 50+ year old appliances)? Is it potentially a fire hazard? Have any of you set up an old fridge as a secondary fridge in your kitchen?



Submitted April 29, 2017 at 12:14AM by timmmmah http://ift.tt/2qo376o HomeImprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment