Saturday, April 29, 2017

FrancisCorp files 2: An ongoing experiment worldbuilding

Short backstory: FrancisCorp is a company specializing in spell writing and magitech, and magic research. The following is a file pertaining to an experiment.


Process: We have found an uninhabited area in [DATA EXPUNGED], Venezuela and let our researchers live there. We are also importing hexium, a element which creates magic energy when decaying.

Research log of Dr. Stockman. Unimportant information removed:

Day 1: It's cool that I'll be living in an artificial HMA (High magic area.) I hope I won't die.

Day 2: So, I met my co-workers. Nice people. I like them.

Day 3: No effects yet, though my co-worker Peter reported a "icy lizard," meaning that it freezes stuff it touches.

Day 6: Our refrigerator now has the ability burn stuff. Our sensors reported a high amount of magic energy.

Day 8: Stuff's getting weird. "Phantom cars" are appering in the horizon. On a nearby expedition, we found a real "icy lizard."

Day 31: It's been one month. I am in a constant state of wanting to stay here and wanting to leave.

Day 40: A mysterious woman is appearing in our dreams. Seems to be sentient. Analysis on sleeping people shows more magic energy.

Day 47: THE WOMAN HAS GAINED PHYSICAL FORM. SHE IS MADE OUT OF PURE MAGIC ENERGY. [SWEARING REMOVED].

All recordings after this one are incoherent and badly written.



Submitted April 29, 2017 at 12:48PM by VivaLaAlcohol http://ift.tt/2qpeTNZ worldbuilding

No comments:

Post a Comment