Sunday, April 30, 2017

Mild annoying coworker revenge pettyrevenge

Sorry for the wall of text, but I can't help myself. I'm a writer at heart! :)

There's this one kid who works with me at a fast food restaurant. (Culver's for those in the north-central U.S.) Culver's serves burgers, fish, patty melts, and custard. Lots and lots of custard and custard-type desserts. (Actually very delicious, if you get a chance to try it definitely do.)This certain kid, let's call him $AMC, or, Annoying Man Child.

So $AMC is always finding a way to criticize petty things that I mess up at work. Like for instance, at the drive through, which requires 2 people to work while it's busy, we have to mark drinks down so we give the right ones out. Sometimes while I go to fill a drink I'll forget to put the drink into the register. (Now keep in mind that even if you forget to put the drink into the register, it still says 'Drink Med' or 'Drink Small') (Also keep in mind that this is very common to do. Managers and other people even do this.) As you can probably guess, he stops doing his work to turn around and yell at me, (literally yell at me) because I forgot to mark down a drink. He will do this even if there is only one drink on the entire counter. (Only an idiot could screw this up.) And in my defense, I always keep the drinks lined up with the numbers that we give out to the cars as well.

A bit of context: In the drive through, the two people do two different jobs. The first person will answer the incoming call and talk to the people over the microphone. They put the food/drinks/custard/etc. into the register, and send it to the other register right behind them. The next person takes the order and takes the money for the meal. They personally deal with the people. This is called cashing. The cash person will read down the ticket and give them their drinks/custard that is marked served/whatever else is ready to give away.

Now $AMC had no right to yell at me about this because in my shift he had COMPLETELY abandoned his post ~3 times to talk to his friends and play on his phone, on the clock, mind you. And during this I got completely backed up with cars, and the manager had to do the cashing job for me. This is important later.

Anyway $AMC has his man child fit over and over and over again. I have several stress/anxiety related issues and forgetting small things is one of the side effects. (Stuttering included, which he has made fun of me for as well.) At this point I am fed up.

I decide to stop labeling all drinks, and custards. Now keep in mind that in the ~3 hours that I had been working the drive through, I had only missed labeling 10 drinks, and it was really busy. (yes he actually fucking counted all the drinks I missed.) I won't get any milks or water bottles out of the refrigerator (which the other person is supposed to do, even though he expects me to do it). And to top it all off, I completely stop scooping all custard that we are supposed to serve at the window where you pay.

He gets so infuriated with me to be point where he has to get the manager and the manager yells at me, but it was so worth it to do that. Afterwards I just completely ignored him and started doing all of the above. He finally shut up, even when I did miss a few more drinks. (As I said I can't help it. When I get stressed, I forget to do thinks because I'm in a hurry. Also $AMC leaving his post several times added to my stress/stuttering.)

I hope from now on he will just shut up and let me do my damn work.

TL;DR: Man child has a series of fits at work because I sometimes forget to do a small and insignificant part of my job, I completely stop doing it, and the man child goes ballistic.



Submitted May 01, 2017 at 08:50AM by superbrian111 http://ift.tt/2pvS2kD pettyrevenge

No comments:

Post a Comment