Sunday, April 30, 2017

Need help replicating flavor of Starbucks Ice Coffee found in the refrigerator section of the supermarket Coffee

I've been searching for some help on this for a while, and having found nothing I figured I would try posting here to see if anyone had any thoughts.

IMHO, the Starbucks medium roast, unsweetened ice coffee in the refrigerator section of the grocery store is legitimately the best coffee I have ever tasted in my life (product link : http://ift.tt/2pxvPoo). While I apologize to the coffee enthusiasts I have offended with that statement, I stand by it nonetheless. Now, given that this coffee is a bit expensive compared to what can be made at home, I have tried to recreate this exceptional flavor but to no avail. I am curious if anyone else has come to this realization, and more importantly if anyone has had any success replicating its smooth, non-bitter taste.

The only clue I have come across was that they use ascorbic acid (essentially vitamin C) as a preservative, and from what I have read acidic additives can help neutralize some of the bitter alkaloids in the coffee. Aside from that I am curious about other ways I can go about trying to recreate this, or if anyone has attempted and had any success in recreating it.



Submitted April 30, 2017 at 11:02PM by YMCBatteries http://ift.tt/2oYkdaB Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment