Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Perfect Birthday nosleep



A couple of days ago, I would’ve considered myself pretty anxious. I remembered myself on my bed just talking to myself again with this stupid, enthusiastic grin on my face.

“Tomorrow’s the big day, isn’t it?” I would keep thinking to myself.



You see, I was just so excited for this surprise birthday party I was going to host for a good buddy of mine. His name was Devin and we’ve been pals for, like, 6 years or at least that’s how long I think it’s been. He’s done a lot for me ever since we became friends: he always accepted me for who I was, made me laugh, took some of his time to be with me, and then there’s him always protecting me from anything and anyone, which was why I wanted to be friends with him in the first place. From then on, I felt that we had this connection that wouldn’t break for any reason; I would do anything for him. Even though there are some flaws in Devin that I wish he would fix, he’s still a good person. I mean, it didn’t matter how…unorganized he was. It never mattered to me how just plain messy and careless he was with his lifestyle, not one bit. But still, there were times that I would just want to backhand him on the back of his head and tell him to fix everything. I always had that same urge to do so for as long as I’ve known him. He would have the sloppiest handwriting ever to be shown on a piece of paper, always had all of the contents of his backpack jumbled together in a big mess, and his room it was just…just horrendous. But hey, no one really pays attention to a “neat freak” now do they? Now I’m not trying to bother anybody and I know that my OCD has nothing to do with it either; I’m just trying to help. But in the end, they’d just think I’m just some regular, brown haired, green eyed, freckle faced little nuisance. No one, including Devin, would understand; they all would just call me a “neat freak”, say that I should get a hold of my OCD and that it was more “severe” than I thought or that I was just overreacting. But thinking about my little pet peeve isn’t a way to keep a strong relationship, so I just paid no attention to it. They can live as messy

and uneven as they want…no matter how much it would affect me.



But long story short, Devin’s a pretty good guy and I was just thinking I should return the favor. I invited all of me and Devin’s friends and some of his cousins who I’ve come to know over the years. I tricked Devin into coming to my house for a sleepover and then told the others to come over one hour before Devin would arrive. When all the guests would arrive, I imagined that everyone I invited would be playing around with some of the games I’d place out for the event: just regular party games like the Twister mat, musical chairs, a little karaoke station, and I bought some playing cards so that we would all have a little poker tournament together. Then finally, after all the activities, Devin would be in the big chair at the end of the dining table, everyone including me would be sitting in the other chairs singing “Happy Birthday” to the soon-to-be 17 year old. Again, on my bed, I found myself so eager for my plan to unfold.

“Tomorrow’s the big event, Asher,” my mom said as she came into my room, “You sure you have everything planned out for your friend’s party?”


“Yeah, mom I’m sure.”


“Did you make sure your guests know where the party is? How do you know how many people are going to come? Do you know what you’re going to do when the parties over?”


“Mom, calm down. I’ve planned out everything that’s going to happen. It’s all going to be perfect.”


With a sigh of relief, my mom says, “Alright, sweetie; I was just making sure. Now get some sleep, ok?”


As my mother closes my bedroom door and wishes me good night, I lay there on my bed with this one thought in my head: “Yeah…It’s going to be absolutely perfect…It has to…”



Today was the day; it was finally the day that my plan was going to come into play. I woke up excited for Devin to see his surprise. After reviewing all of the snacks, games, and activities I’ve planned for the day and dressed in my most “fancy” clothes, I walked to the front yard and patiently waited on the porch steps of my California household for the guests to arrive. I must have been extremely set on this plan of mine since I believe that I never got off of the porch chair for what I believe was almost 3 hours. Also, it was burning hot outside; I remembered it being almost about 101 degrees that afternoon. But I knew that I had to just deal with it; I’ve done so much for this party to happen and I couldn’t just turn back and cancel everything. I was dead set on completing my task. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the guests finally arrived. I greeted each one of them with a satisfied look on my face along with some petty jokes about how I was about to die of heatstroke. I invited them inside and told them that they were free to do whatever they wanted, but, you know, not everything. We had to save some of the fun for the birthday boy, and since my mom had to leave for some business meeting, of which was going to be concluding sometime at night, I was left in charge of everyone; I told everyone specifically what they could do now and what they could do after Devin comes over. For a little while, I never saw anyone go against any of my rules, but this was until some of Devon’s little cousins tried to be sneaky and mess around with the karaoke equipment. This was one of the things that I said I didn’t want anyone to mess around with. I caught those little boys just before they could do anything and told them, again, to stay away from that and everything else I said they couldn’t mess up; except this time, I explained it more assertively. Some of the other party guests got in between me and the boys and told me to calm down. But this didn’t faze me at all; I had done no wrong. They were the ones that broke the rules. But still, I promised not to blow up like that for the rest of the party. This was when everything started to get worse. Apparently, 3 of Devin’s friends, Caleb, David, and Anthony, saw me “overreacting” and thought that it would fun to test me. Whenever I had my back turned, anyone of them would go for the karaoke machine, break out the poker cards and game chips, try to open some of Devin’s gifts or even try to get a slice of the birthday cake. Whenever I caught a glimpse of them doing any of these things, it was painful not to scream at them for ruining my plans. They were making everything completely out of line, it wasn’t how I imagined it, it wasn’t perfect, and they did all of that so they could have a laugh. I was at the borderline of losing it; I was slowly but surely developing this urge of hurting them…and I didn’t mean a simple backhand like I would with Devin’s sloppiness. Their destruction of my perfect scenario made me want to seriously hurt them; snapping their necks, punching their hearts until they gave out, strangling them until there was no breath from their lungs, anything to stop them from taking away the last bit of sanity I had left in my head.

But suddenly, the doorbell rang. Devin was here.



Quickly, I calmed myself down to where I wouldn’t look “crazy” in front of my best friend. I opened the door and greeted those calming brown eyes and hair of Devin. I invited him inside and felt happy as he smiled and meet his friends and family. But that happiness went away as I remembered about the imperfections that still existed in the living room. I wanted to tell Devin that it was all his friends’ fault, but no matter how much I wanted to, I knew that this was Devin’s day, not mine. This party was for Devin’s happiness, not mine nor anyone else’s. So I hid the truth and went on with it and decided to deal with any other imperfections that happen along the way. But eventually, I realized that everything was going great. Everything was going how I had imagined it. Now that Devin was here everyone could do whatever they pleased, and it seemed like they were having a great time. Not only that, I saw Devin having a blast with his friends who, after a while, brought me into the fun, and in return I gave smiles back and actually had some enjoyment out of all of this. It was a bit shaky at first, but it actually looked like my plan was going to be exactly as I imagined it would turn out. After a wonderful evening and all the laughs, finally it was time for Devin’s delicious cake and his gift’s that his friends, family, and I bought for him. After we all sang “Happy Birthday” to the now 17 year old Devin, the guests and I gave nice smiles as he blew out the candles. That’s when the unexpected happened; as everyone else paid attention to Devin, David snuck behind him, grabbed the back of his head and smashed it into the cake as hard as he could.

“We’ve been waiting so long to see that happen!” Anthony exclaimed with a chuckle along with everybody else’s, “Happy Birthday, you stud!”



That cake was one of the things that was supposed to be the highlight of the party, the one thing that was supposed to be absolutely perfect. Instead the outcome was everyone laughing at my friend whose face was now covered in cake frosting. I was at the borderline of losing control earlier when David and the others were abusing my passion for cleanliness. I actually endured their little tests and I forgave them for getting under my skin with their disorderly behavior. But this time, I felt that I was way past that line; I felt something within me just…completely snap. I came in to action not only because of their fault on my plan, but also because Devin has protected me in the past and now it was my turn. I walked up to David and punched him in the nose as hard as I could; hard enough to where I felt it shift. As he fell, Anthony went for me. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and tossed me onto the present table, and I was so full of adrenaline that I ignored everyone’s screaming for me to stop and didn’t pay attention to the presents that Anthony destroyed and threw myself at them again. I was about to go for Anthony’s throat, but suddenly, Devin got in the way.

“Ash, what the hell are you doing?!” he yelled to my face.


With an angry and confused expression, I shouted back, “What do you mean, ‘What am I doing?’! They tried ruining this party since the beginning, and now I’m trying to fix it!”


“How is what you’re doing going to fix anything?! You need to calm down!”


“I knew I couldn’t trust them after what they did when this party began! They were making a mess out of everything and now they messed up the most important part of the whole thing! Plus, I was just trying to protect…”


Devin stopped me in the middle of my sentence to say something I wouldn’t imagine him saying. He, my own best friend, said, “You need to get a hold on yourself. I didn’t need any help, everything is fine. You seriously need to get a better control of your problem and learn how to be less obsessed with your neatness.”


He took me by the shoulders and continued, “Go sit down somewhere and think about this, O.K.?”



I stood there in front of everybody completely speechless and desperately confused, and after a long moment of silence, I slowly backed away from them all and ran up the stairs and into my bedroom. I shut the door and collapsed on my bed, just wondering what the hell just happened in the past few moments. The boy that I was just talking with back there wasn’t my best friend who I’ve been with all these years… Devin had left me broken and in tears and he didn’t even bother to protect me or be on my side like he should have; instead, it seemed like he wanted me to go away so he could have a better time with those “pals” of his. He’d rather get rid of his one true best friend, who spent weeks of making this party as perfect as possible…but that wasn’t enough for him. He never listened; none of them ever listened! All they would do is talk to me as if I were a crazy person and now they have Devin in their grasps tight enough where he wouldn’t have to do deal with a freak!



No…no I’m sorry…I knew that Devin was still the best friend I always had and always will be; I knew that for a fact. After a while in my room, I realized that I actually was overreacting about everything and it wasn’t long until I knew what I had to do in order to fix it.

“It’s so simple,” I thought as a walked back down the stairs to where I was greeted by everyone’s glares filled with concern.



I told them all that everything was OK and apologized for the stress I’ve caused them, walked up to David, Anthony, and Ken and gave them a sincere apology, and finally walked up to Devin and told him that I was sorry for causing a stop in the festivities. After doing all that, Devin gave me a friendly handshake and hug along with everyone else applauding for my humbleness. In thanks, I went to the kitchen, opened the refrigerator, and look and bottles of soda and offered one to every guest there, including Devin. I remembered them being so happy that I was actually being “normal” for once, I guess. I was happy too, because I knew that this would all end happily for the rest of us. Because, you see, it wasn’t long until everybody started to feel sleepy. The amount of sleeping pills I put in the bottles must have been enough to do the trick. Oh, I remember how satisfying it was when I watched everyone drop; from Devin and everyone his age to the little six to seven year olds. As soon as I saw the last body fall to the ground, it was time for my glorious back-up plan to begin. I picked everyone up and sat them all in chairs I’ve placed all around the dining room table. Then I went into the garage and found some of my dad’s twine rope, some fishing wire, his needle-nose drill and finally a small, but sharp, kitchen knife. Now it was time to make everything how it should be, the exact way I had imagined it in my head. Everybody was smiling around the table and watching Devin smile with his friends all around him. Firstly, I tied up everyone tightly with the twine rope to where there it would be nearly impossible to untie. Next, I took the knife and looked over everyone’s limp, sleeping bodies. Soon enough, I slashed through all of the guest’s throats, but not Devin, of course; I know he didn’t mean what he said. Then I grabbed the needle-nose drill and made sure it was at full battery. Then, I walked over to the first person I was closest to: Diana.

“This might hurt a bit, but trust me it’s for the best,” I remembered myself saying jokingly, knowing that I wouldn’t have to listen to anyone else’s excuse for their messes.


No voice, no words, right?



I took Diana’s chin and raised her head. I, then, took the power-tool and placed the tip of the drill right onto the left corner of her mouth. That’s when I pulled the trigger of the drill and pushed, causing the pointed end to drill into the flesh and create a tiny hole; I did the same with the right corner. Next, I took the fishing wire and laced one end of the line through the hole and made a knot. I took the rest of the wire and wrapped it around the back of Diana’s head and laced it through the other hole and created the second knot. I took a step back and looked at my work. I loved it: Diana was there with a large toothy grin across her face. I did the same for everyone else and turned them all towards the still sleeping Devin; all eager for his birthday surprise. I sat in front of him and looked after him until he would awaken.

It took a little while, but finally, my best buddy woke up.


“What…happened..?” he said as he woke up.



He was a little startled when he saw me so close to his face. I told him that there was nothing to be afraid of and that he needed to take a rest. He asked where everyone was and why it was so quiet. When he asked me this, I instantly had the biggest smile show up on my face.

“What’s with the face?” Devin asked.



That’s when I moved out of his way; making him able to see all of his and my friends and family smiling towards the birthday boy with the most welcoming grins I’ve ever seen. Devin screamed in amazement of the surprise we all had for him. I remembered his reaction to it all exactly.

“Asher, what the hell?! W- What happened to them?! Why are they all covered in blood?!” he said.


With a little chuckle I asked him, “Do you like it, buddy? It’s all perfect like I imagined it would be. Everybody’s here to give you a smile and all their mouths stuffed with cake,” I motioned to the chunks of cake I jammed into everyone’s throats.


“Y- You did this..?”


“Yep, and all for you, buddy. It was all for you…”



He thrashed around trying to get out of the ropes I put him in, even though he clearly knew he couldn’t get out of them. I walked over to the cake platter, took the cake cutter and took out a slice. I put it on a plate and grabbed a fork and walked back to the guest of honor.

As I placed a piece of cake on the fork I said, “It’s time for cake, Mr. Seventeen-Year-Old. Open wide.”



I remember that Devin was playing around and refusing to eat the cake. He was like a baby trying to avoid eating its baby food.

“Come on, Devin…You want this to be perfect, right..?” I said before I grabbed his head and forced the fork into his mouth and the cake into his gullet. I continued to feed him more and more and more until his entire mouth was full of cake and I knew he loved it.



After cake, I looked at the clock and realized that now was the time the party was supposed to end. So I told Devin the news and thought of a place where I would place him. I was planning to drop off everyone and keep Devin here so that he wouldn’t have to be brainwashed by the masses any longer. I was going to fix him; make him see what was truly necessary in our world: a society where everything was organized and clean, nothing without disorder and chaos. So I dragged Devin’s chair to the basement door. I opened the door and kicked him down the stairs to the basement floor, gagged him with a loose dirty rag, and told him that I was going to be back for him later. Then, I went into the garage again and found my dad’s rusty hacksaw. As quick as I can, I walked back to the guests and started to saw through the twine rope. I think I may have cut threw some muscle and perhaps some bone while cutting and didn’t know it, but hey, I wouldn’t know since they didn’t have a voice to scream with anymore, right? I packed all the guests, big to small, into my pickup and drove out into the night. I rode around for what felt like hours driving from house to house. I also knew that some of their parents would be worried about why their kids came home a little late so I decide to leave a little note for them. For every house I stopped in front of I grabbed a marker from the storage compartment of the truck and wrote on the people’s foreheads. Then I would drag their bodies onto their porches, ring the doorbell and then it’s on to the next house.

The note I left was, “Sorry for the concern, I had I little too much fun.” Also I wrote on their arms and legs, “Too much fun, too much fun, too much fun,” just for convenience.



Finally, after my night of driving, I returned home with a tired expression. So I parked my car on the curb, and walked in with a sulk after a long day of perfection. A few hours later, my mom finally came back from work. She was surprised to see the house in such a horrendous matter; all of the activities and games were still out, there were destroyed tables and glass bottle shards everywhere, and the puddles of red were still visible on the hard wood floor.

“I’m sorry for the mess, mom. I promise I’ll clean it all up when the feeling in my legs comes back,” was what I said.


“Asher! What on Earth happened here?!” she screamed.


“It’s like I said mom, the party went just as planned…It was all absolutely…perfect...”







Submitted November 02, 2014 at 01:30AM by TheEntityX http://ift.tt/1xM2wsH nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment