Saturday, November 29, 2014

I had a bad first time experience and I need advice. Please help! soylent


Hi. I wanna make it very clear that I WANT THIS TO WORK because I think Soylent is a wonderful idea overall, and I also am personally attracted to the prospect of having a nutritional drink provide a whole meal's worth of nutrition. Now that you know that I still have faith and I don't wanna turn my back just yet...


I have been waiting a good 4-5 months for my first order, and I haven't got it yet. However, a friend graciously gave me a bag to try. I was so excited as I opened the bag, and it smelled so good inside! "This is gonna be great!," I thought as I poured it into a pitcher.


After getting some help with mixing it via a blender, I let it sit inside the refrigerator for 2 hours as I wanted to get hungry. I was eager experience the feeling my friend described, when you feel full after drinking a liquid! It must have been so cool and comforting, knowing that you got such great nutrition. After some time, I felt hungry so I went into the 'fridge and took out the pitcher.


However, I wasn't sure if it was in the fridge long enough, so I put just 3 ice cubes inside and started drinking. My first sip was hard, and the soft bubbly texture was very hard to deal with (I historically have this problem with any kind of beverage) and was uncomfortable to swallow. I found myself needing to get a glass of water after a little more sips in order to tolerate it. I just felt like I wanted to gag (and I even had a very close call) because of the texture and taste. I still felt soft particles (maybe it wasn't blended long enough?) at times, and seeing stuff stick to the side of my glass didn't help either (textures bother me sometimes...).


I had also read that most people DON'T like it on their first try but begin to tolerate -- or even crave it -- later on. But right now as I type this just moments after finishing my first glass (which took at least half an hour with tiny tiny sips) I feel like I won't ever be able to drink it again. Indeed, the thought of it makes me nauseous!


So, finally, I ask for your help. I have been very excited about this for a long time and I want to happily drink knowing that I'm getting the stuff that my body needs, enjoying peace of mind instead of eating from a limited (and not NEARLY as healthy) food supply. I followed the instructions (except for shaking; I used a blender) closely. I'm not sure if putting the ice back in after refrigeration was a mistake, but by the time I finished it, the ice was melted and the drink was already a little warmer. I even took a video to capture my first moment of the stuff on camera, but it took too long and my iPhone stopped recording (lol :()...


Please help me. I want it to work.







Submitted November 30, 2014 at 08:54AM by StarshineM http://www.reddit.com/r/soylent/comments/2ntbi9/i_had_a_bad_first_time_experience_and_i_need/ soylent

No comments:

Post a Comment