Saturday, November 29, 2014

Need help with hinges woodworking


I'm building a simple play kitchen for my son for Christmas and I'm getting lost in the world of hinges. Could someone please point me in the right direction before I end up buying $30 a piece Euro Hinges?


I'm going to be building three cabinets. The largest will be the "refrigerator" and be approximately 48" high and 20" wide. I'm planning on making the the doors out of 1/2" plywood and mounting them on sides made of 1x12" boards (still working out what type of boards, but I'm thinking something harder than pine).


I'm planning on frameless, inset doors. I would prefer to have them be "soft-close" as my son is very energetic with his cooking. Any help would be appreciated!







Submitted November 30, 2014 at 07:15AM by mldkfa http://www.reddit.com/r/woodworking/comments/2nt2x3/need_help_with_hinges/ woodworking

No comments:

Post a Comment