Saturday, November 29, 2014

Any Adult Board Gamers In The Area? duluth


I feel like I’m writing a damned online dating profile…


I’m on the lookout for some fellow adults in the area who enjoy drinking beer and playing board games or casual Magic: The Gathering. I have a nice and pretty extensive board game collection, but not too many people to get together and play them with. I’m 34 and have that whole wife, kids, mortgage & job thing going on and my wife tries to be a good sport about playing games once in a while but usually only wants to play cribbage or one or two of the games she’s learned and is good at. I frequent my local game shop quite a bit, but often find myself being one of the oldest people there and don’t like putting out that creepy older guy, lurking around the store vibe that I’m paranoid of and socially relating to the younger crowd proves to be difficult.


“My math test was really hard today.”


“I know the feeling. I got forced to work overtime tonight and the refrigerator broke.”


But mostly, you can’t enjoy a nice adult beverage at the store.


Anyone else in the same boat as me and feel like getting together once in a while when life permits?







Submitted November 29, 2014 at 09:27PM by CodenameWalrus http://www.reddit.com/r/duluth/comments/2nrhz8/any_adult_board_gamers_in_the_area/ duluth

No comments:

Post a Comment