Sunday, November 2, 2014

Fermentation Pickle Pickling Advice Homesteading


I've read several sources at this point and I can't seem to find a consistent answer, so I thought I'd come here to see if there were any pickling experts out there. My question is, does anyone know the best method/materials for fermenting pickles that make them last for a year or so unrefrigerated? I've heard it can be done and obviously back before refrigerators there was some kind of storage method. I'm coming up empty handed though. Most of the things I've read say anywhere from 2 months refrigerated to 4 months with "special brine" whatever that means. I'd like to do the fermenting option due to the healthy bacteria present in the pickles so hot water bathing is out of the question once the fermentation process has taken it's course. Any suggestions?







Submitted November 03, 2014 at 02:41AM by canoturkey http://ift.tt/1GbGW6U Homesteading

No comments:

Post a Comment